2019年4月30日 星期二

【第七屆】107學年度靜思語與我的生命故事徵文比賽_精選_醫資系二年級_謝愛佳_There are two things in life that cannot wait: fulfilling filial piety and doing good deeds.


I remember during my childhood, when a smile covered my face every time my mother bought me a doll. I can clearly remember how I accidentally got second rank in the 1st elementary school and both my parents were proud of me and even gave me presents for that achievement. Since then, I made promises to myself to study hard in order to get the 1st rank in the future. Thankfulness, I got the first rank in Junior High School and you know what? My parents gave me a smartphone called “Blackberry” as a present. Blackberry is a smartphone that was very popular at that time and I was so happy I could have one. It doesn’t stay long after I got into Senior High School, I felt like I lost my interest in everything. Everything that I promised didn’t seem to be important anymore. I started thinking to myself, what am I supposed to do if I have to lose the one that I love in this universe. Money can’t buy anything. I lost my cousin 8 years ago. I still remembered clearly the day he passed away. Therefore, since then, I have always put my family and the one that I love first and that’s just the way it is. Because I believe the most painful thing in life is losing someone you love.

After I graduated from high school, I got a scholarship from Indonesia’s Tzu Chi Foundation. I did not know whether I had to be happy or sad, because to be honest, I was so guilty at that time afraid to leave all my family behind. But then my parents told me that life is impermanent, giving and helping others while we can, before it's too late and we regret for not doing it. Right after this moment, I finally had made up my mind. I know what matters to me now. I know who and what is worth fighting for. I feel so lucky for having them in my life, they have been working tirelessly to do what’s the best for me. They keep on motivate me to do good deeds. When I was a kid, I wonder why they kept on pushing me to join any productive activities out there even though they know I prefer to stay at home rather than going outside. Now I realize that all the things they'd done is for my good. There are no words to describe how much I love them. Time flies so fast, I wish I could bring my parents travel around the world. That is actually my dream. I have been saving money for this entire year just to make sure that I can fulfil my dream. I know they never expect of getting something back for me, they actually wish nothing more than seeing their children healthy. That's the reason why I care more about my health now because I realize my health affect their happiness a lot.

From now on, I promise to myself that I will always make them happy no matter what. All of this time, I have been joining some productive activities like volunteering and I told my parents about that. As I expected, they were so happy to hear that. Within these 2 years, I have been so happy to do all of these good deeds like helping others, doing volunteer work, etc. I realised that doing good deeds would have a positive effect on me in the future and at the same time, I also can make my parents happy which is that’s all I want.

沒有留言:

張貼留言