2016年11月18日 星期五

105學年度靜思語與我的生命故事徵文比賽_第二名_Molecular Biology and Human Genetics_陳愛娜


Every achievement grows out of the seed of determination–Master Cheng Yen-

        I knew that aphorism when I was going to Tzu Chi Senior High School in Indonesia. We had this humanism class that the teacher always told us an aphorism during class. That time when she told me this aphorism “Every achievement grows out of the seed of determination”, I felt like I really like that one, I didn’t know why that one give me some positive energy and optimism when I read it.

About three years ago, I faced some difficulties to know myself because it was a changing time from junior high school life to senior high school. Lots of things changed. Back in junior high school time, I felt like everything went better and there were no much obstacles than senior high one. I didn’t feel like I can do my best anymore, because the result often not good, not like junior high school time. Then, I found myself lack of gratitude and passion

But I did realize something has to be changed because I still wanted my good life back, there were still lots of dreams I want achieve. So, I tried to take that aphorism as my motivation and life’s motto because as I said it gave me such positive energy when I read it. Then, I started to set up my dreams and how I achieve it, I set all my determination and believing that it will lead me to the achievement I’m hoping and working for. Magically, little by little parts of my life started changing, my grade started going up again, my passion was coming back, I started to see the great things in life, and I started to see the opportunity that come to me.

        One of my friend asked me to try a scholarship of exchange student program to USA. It seems so far, because I knew the process and the selection is just so hard. I also never dream to study abroad, so once I was not sure, but then I remembered the aphorism that maybe if I decide to try and put determination on it, I could achieve it because I know this is great opportunity that won’t come twice in my life. So then I said yes to my friend then we try it together. It was a hardworking that took two years selection and competition over 24.000 students around Indonesia that finally I got to be chosen as one of 84 students that will go for a year exchange student program to USA.

        Since then, I knew that the aphorism is not only for us to be just read or look and pass by, but to be applied in our life to bring us some changes we want to see in our life. After come back from the amazing experience in USA, I started to have another goal in my life to continue my university abroad too, and it turns out positive, I got accepted here in Tzu Chi University by scholarship from Tzu Chi Indonesia.

When I look back, if at that time I didn’t applied that aphorism in my life, I won’t have strong determination that lead me to have strength, passion, more hardworking, and effort to achieve my dreams. So, I can say that I had experienced it myself, how that simple aphorism just turns to be so right. It’s true that every achievement grows out of seed of the determination. And I’m so grateful to have that aphorism as my motivation until now.  

沒有留言:

張貼留言