2017年11月24日 星期五

【第六屆】106學年度靜思語與我的生命故事徵文比賽_第一名_物治三_李慈慧_ Let us appreciate, be grateful for, and repay the love of our parents.

Flashing back, I could still reminisce the good, old time where my soul was still so pure and innocence as a kid. I was so small, with a bobby haircut and a bubbly personality. Mummy had her favorite red lipstick which matched perfectly with my red dress. Mummy was the only woman I looked up to, hoping that I could grow up as beautiful as her. I was 5 years old back then- and mummy was my idol.

As I grew up, mummy gave me brothers and sister as my companions. Yet, life was never a bed of roses for my family. My brother was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. I was too young to understand the pain and agony that my family experiences. “Perhaps, my little brother was gifted with full energy”, I thought to myself. I was 10 years old back then- and my mummy sacrificed to become a full time housewife.

Years passed, my siblings and I were growing up pretty quickly. I started to understand the value in everything around me- especially the value of money. I learned my math. To keep up with our fast pace growth, my mummy had to earn a living for us as well. She stopped wearing her favorite red lipstick. Both her hand became rough and thick, and her toenails cracked. She was constantly asking me to pluck out her graying white hair. Yet, she was still full of life and energy all the time. I was 15 years old back then- and my mummy juggled as a housewife and a part time cleaner.

Soon, I was old enough to finally graduate from my high school to enter university. My peers wondered why I was so thrifty for counting every penny that I had in my pocket. Every penny I had was the hard earned money mummy saved for us. If all these pennies were made out of sweat and blood of our parents, hoping to provide us with a comfortable life- Would we still spend it carelessly without a second thought? I was 20 back then- and mummy was the person I missed dearly.

Throughout my time studying in Taiwan, my life has its own ups and downs. I started to reminisce all the carefree childhood memories I had. While I was working hard overcoming obstacles to achieve my dreams, mummy was getting older and older. Little did we realize that we are the slave of time, always chasing after time, while forgetting to enjoy all the things at this very present moment.

Indeed, mummy was right. This aphorism “Let us appreciate, be grateful for, and repay the love of our parents’ has always been sow into my heart at tender age of 5.  In the hustle and bustle of life, this aphorism has always reminded me to stop, breathe, and think of my mummy. I am 23 years old now- and mummy was still the childhood idol that I have always looked up to, even without the red lipstick.

Dear mummy, I may have never said, “I love you”, in real life, but I will always appreciate, be grateful and repay the love of yours.

I love you, mummy.

沒有留言:

張貼留言