2023年6月1日 星期四

【第十一屆】111學年度靜思語與我的生命故事徵文比賽_第一名_醫學檢驗生物技術學系三年級_蔡佩玲

  “Filial piety to parents should not have the mentality of calculating time, and supporting parents should not have the mentality of weighing material things.”



“I hope someday you will succeed and live happily” This might be one of the ultimate hopes that frequently uttered by every parent in this world to their children. Like what my parents did, they always give their best contribution and sacrifices just for the sake of my happiness. They always prioritize my needs and satisfaction above all things. Nevertheless, sometimes we are just too busy growing up and forgetting that we also have parents who are also growing old.

Back then, I always think that by having great academic performances and success in career life are the greatest form of happiness that I could give to my parents. That is also the reason why I didn’t return to Indonesia for almost 3 years as I always prefer to substitute my summer and winter vacation with having a part time job rather than going back home and reunited with my family. I used to think that “reunited with parents” is something that can be postponed assuming that there are still many opportunities and time in the future.

However, it all just hits me into a different perspective when I finally came back to my hometown during this Chinese New Year 2023. What a painful reality that my father passed away 5 days after my return to Indonesia. I was so devastated and feeling desperately hopeless. Exactly one day before my father passed away, I talked to him for an hour and I made a promise with him that I will take care of him and granted his wishes so that he can live his dreamlife happily. Nevertheless, the next day the universe had stopped me to accomplish those promises. I had to lost a person who raised me up with all of his love until who I am today. I had to lost a person who always turning my tears into comfort and to laughter. I had to lost a person who always taught me wisdom and guide me all the way throughout every milestone in life. It was indeed the most painful reality that I had to accept. 

“Filial piety to parents should not have the mentality of calculating time, and supporting parents should not have the mentality of weighing material things.”

This is one of the Jingsi Aphorism from Master Cheng Yen that had awaken me up. It has a very deep meaning to me and fully relate to my life story. In this context, what I had learned is that we had to make sure that we always make an utmost effort to spend time with our parents while we can, because one day when we look up from our busy life, they won’t be in this world anymore. Every single passing day is moving and never forget our parent dedication because the merits of both can never be replaced by the multitude of our treasure.

“Every single day is like a blank page of our life. Every person we meet, every event we participate in is a lively assay- Jingsi Aphorism.” Here is my life story that I sincerely want to share to all the readers. Be thankful if you still have time to love your parents, to hold their hand and to pour out your heart to be with them. Love your parents, console them when they are worried or sad, and always prioritize their needs above all things as the have loved you through all the life. Make today count. It comes only once in a lifetime. Make good use of time and cherish what we have, treat one another with love, respect and gratitude.

沒有留言:

張貼留言