2024年6月6日 星期四

【第十二屆】112學年度靜思語與我的生命故事徵文比賽_佳作_外語系一年級_Yong Yeong Ji

 Love From The Poets

A great deal of Jing Si Aphorisms frequently leaves a profound effect on our minds and hearts. One of them has been constantly lingering in my mind. It was not too long ago that I became cognizant of its deep meaning, which enlightened me like the moon guiding me through the darkest nights when I lost my path.

It all occurred after I flew to Taiwan. The tranquility that laid in the middle of the night, when I flew to Taiwan for the very first time, attempted to provide me comforts as I stared fixedly with softness at the back of my beloved sleeping father from my soft bed. Holding on to the tears that were about to stream down my cheeks, I closed my eyes without any hesitation.

“Thank you, father.” I thought to myself instantly. The act of him flying from Singapore to ensure my first time settling down in a foreign country for educational purposes meant everything to me. It was something I would not dare to forget, especially the devoted emotional support and care that he showed by making such an effort.

All of a sudden, memories caved in on me while I laid in bed, flooding my mind mercilessly with overwhelming emotions. Five years ago, both my parents unfortunately lost their jobs as COVID-19 struck with mere brutality, putting us in a dire situation to the extent that I was unable to afford two years of school fees. Money was like a blade, it either saved my family’s future or gradually obliterated every piece of it. One of the most remarkable memories that sealed deeply in my mind was my mother hugging me tightly and sobbing heavily due to the weights of burdens she was compelled to carry throughout the years. The immense impact that the intimidating pandemic had on us drained my mother ruthlessly, suffocating her from time to time and impelling her to bottle up overwhelming emotions. Life might be difficult; however, resisting the perpetuated pressures unanticipatedly was far more challenging. 

Despite the appalling misery that had fallen upon my family, they both fought so hard in order to become my sister’s and my very last hope in life. They endlessly worked from day to night so we could maintain a steady financial situation. It was their robust resilience that had saved me from this insufferable agony. The effort they have put into taking care of me is such a blessing to me, and I honestly believe that I own them a lot.

“Of all acts of goodness, first and foremost is filial piety.” Upon discovering this Jing Si Aphorism, it was the moment I realized that my parents' love was utterly innumerable. Believing in this act of filial piety, I am willing to fulfill it. While I may not yet have a clear sense of purpose in life, one thing I am certain of is my commitment to taking excellent care of my parents once I graduate.

Everything that they have done for my sister and I is astounding, filling me up with unlimited love and support. I truly appreciate the selfless act of love they are portraying wholeheartedly, and I am extremely grateful to have them as my parents. Though life may be insurmountable, it is the immeasurable love that ultimately conquers it, leading us to a prosperous future. My parents are just like poets who are possessed of the capability of transforming torments into bliss, touching my heart and mind. So as poets, they are capable of conveying complex emotions and thoughts through their extraordinary poetry.

“I truly love my poets.”

沒有留言:

張貼留言