2022年4月15日 星期五

【第十屆】110學年度靜思語與我的生命故事徵文比賽_第二名_醫技二_蔡佩玲_If there’s a will, there’s a way.

    Every story always starts with a beginning. But not every life story begins with wonderful start

point. However, every individual definitely has the unlimited chance to change their fate with

their own persistence and perseverance. 2017 was the most challenging yet unforgettable year in

my life. It’s a turning point, in which the happiness and laughter from the little family of mine

just disappeared in a flash.

    At that time, I had just come home from school and about wanted to eat my first bite lunchbox

prepared by my mother. However, I was shocked when I saw my mother suddenly shedding tears

and crying desperately in front of me. I had no courage at all to even ask “why”. By intuition, I

had already known that there should be something wrong that happened to my mother. She tried

so hard to tell me with a trembling voice that she was diagnosed with a severe illness,

tuberculosis disease that attacked almost half part of her lungs.

    That statement was indeed like a boom to my head and I really didn’t know how to be strong

enough to face this situation. I have no strength at all. However, the only thing that crossed my

mind was ; I need to encourage my mother that this too shall pass. I need to be strong enough so

that I could replace her role in this family to take care all of the households since I was the only

girl in the family after my mother.

    Fortunately, My mother and I have known Tzu Chi ( Master Cheng Yen ) for a very long time.

Back in Indonesia, we watched a lot of Master’s Dharma Talk from DaAi TV Channel every day.

My mother was diligently absorbed all of the positive words and inspiration from Master Cheng

Yen. The most powerful insights of Jing Si Aphorism that really encouraged my mother to have

a spirit and beliefs to cure her disease was :

    “人生就像走在鋼索般,如果不認真往前看卻一直往後看,一定會跌下去。 有毅力、勇敢,

坎坷的道路也能走到平坦” – Jingsi Aphorism.

    “Life is like walking on a tightrope. We are sure to fall if we keep looking back instead of

focusing on what is ahead. As long as we face it with perseverance and courage, the roughest

roads can become smooth.”

    This powerful quote from Jing Si Aphorism let my mother became stronger to face and fight the

severe illness for exactly 1 year. I watched the transformation towards my mother’s physical

appearance. She became thinner day by day. It hurt me a lot. However, by looking at her

persistence and perseverance in fighting for her disease, made me really proud of herself.

Eventually, she was cured from the deadly disease after one year of regular treatments and

praying for hopes and miracles.

    It was a learning experience for our family. No matter what challenges might occur to us in the

future, we need to hold each other hands tightly and have a belief in ourselves that we can face

the difficult times. We need to have a commitment that better days will come to those who have

a faith in themselves. This is also the reason of why I would love to study in Tzu Chi University

and pursue my major in Laboratory Medicine, because I wish I could enlighten and help more

people that need my hand.

沒有留言:

張貼留言